• Experience, training and expertise in the program area agreed upon
• Understanding of the issues facing women experiencing homelessness, poverty and social isolation
• Understanding of clear and appropriate professional boundaries as outlined by the Volunteer Coordinator, Sistering staff and Sistering policies
• A team player
• Willingness to consult, confer and take direction from staff
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Comfortable working alongside staff, other volunteers and participants in the Drop In
• Willingness to work responsibly and respectfully at all times with staff and participants
• Commitment to attending your regular time slot
• Commitment to Sistering’s anti-oppression and feminist policies and service delivery models
A two-to-four hour shift, one day a week or every two weeks.
Please note due to COVID-19 measures our volunteer program is suspended until further notice.
We will be updating this section with online volunteer opportunities shortly. Please check back soon!